15 Quotes of Thankfulness
Words of appreciation can be used when you feel gratitude towards someone. This could include thanking someone for a gift, a favor, or just being a good friend. Your words of thanks don’t have to be long and fancy as long as they are heartfelt.
At this time of year, the concept of giving thanks for who and what we have comes up more frequently than it seems to the rest of the year. So often we want to express our gratitude and appreciation for what others have done for us, but we just don’t have the words. Giving true thanks, and letting others know how we appreciate them is a very important quality to express. We have the feelings, and a need to be thankful, but the words fail us.
Here is a list of 15 quotes of thankfulness, that surely the authors would not mind you borrowing in the means of truly expressing your thanks to others.
1.”No duty is more urgent than that of returning thanks.” — James Allen
2.”Some people grumble that roses have thorns; I am grateful that thorns have roses.” — Alphonse Karr
3. “Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot.” Hansa Proverb
4. “The only people with whom you should try to get even are those who have helped you.” —John E. Southard
5.”I feel a very unusual sensation — if it is not indigestion, it must be gratitude.” — Benjamin Disraeli
6. “We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.” —Thornton Wilder
7.Saying thank you is more than good manners. It is good spirituality. — Alfred Painter
8. “Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well.” — Voltaire
9. “The essence of all beautiful art is gratitude.” — Friedrich Nietzche
10. “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” John F. Kennedy
11. “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness.” -Dalai Lama
12. “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all others.” -Cicero
13. “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” -Melody Beattie
14. “It is a sign of mediocrity when you demonstrate gratitude with moderation.” -Roberto Benigni
15. “Gratitude is the most exquisite form of courtesy.” -Jacques Maritain
I am not a licensed therapist or mental health professional. If you are suffering from a major disorder and need treatment please seek the help of a professional. Get help finding a mental health care provider here. This post contains affiliate links, you can read my full disclosure policy here.